SUMMER 2018 CAMPS & CLASSES
There is Plenty of time left to dance with us! Summer Camps & Classes will run through the end of August!
Drop off your summer registration form and payment at the office at any time
- Fairies and Pixies and Unicorns…Oh My! July 16-20, 9am-noon End-of-week performance
- Dance Intensive Greatest Showman August 6-9 (M-TH), 9am-1pm
End-of-week pizza party
Dance Intensive Leap! August 20-23 (M-TH), 9am-1Pm
End-of-week pizza party
- Christmas in July (younger by recommendation) July 16-20 | End-of-week performance
Evening Classes ◊ Workshops ◊ Private Lessons
Registration $30.00 new students
No registration fee for continuing students
We offer classes in ballet, tap, jazz, acrobatics,contemporary, yoga, stretch condition & strengthen, adult beginner tap, a combo of jazz, musical theater & lyrical, and ballroom.
Expose your young child to the world of dance in a fun and creative atmosphere!
- Daily Dance Class
- Creative Expression Games
- Story Time
- Nutritious Snacks
- Dress up in tutus and other dance costumes
- End-of-week mini-performance for parents (Perfect photo opportunity!)
Our Dance Intensives are designed for dancers who wish to take advantage of the summer by furthering their dance technique, gaining strength, stamina and skill level, exploring a wide range of dance history and it’s inherent theatrical elements.
These are essential tools in making a “Complete Dancer”
In addition to the standard Tap, Ballet & Jazz classes, other essential tools in making a “Complete Dancer” will be covered such as theater games, improvisation, auditioning, stage make-up, nutrition, dance history and vocabulary as well as other styles of dance — hip hop, lyrical, modern, pointe and partnering, yoga and Pilates.
Summer Camps are also a great time to establish new friendships!
During each week students will be placed in classes geared to their technical abilities as well as their age.
Dance Camps and Intensives will be held at Cricket’s Performing Arts studio.
WHAT DANCERS SHOULD BRING
- A positive attitude!
- Tap shoes
- Jazz Shoes
- Ballet shoes
- Pointe shoes (where applicable)
- Water bottle (no other beverages will be allowed in dance rooms)
Please send students with a healthy lunch, snacks and plenty of water for during classes. It is suggested that you do not send food or drinks with sugar or in them as they will cause the students to exhaust easily which can, in turn, cause injuries. Also avoid carbonated beverages.
Students are required to:
- Wear hair tied up securely.
- Wear proper leotards, shoes and tights. No two piece outfits. Dance pants are allowed with leotards for all classes other than ballet.
DROP OFF & PICK UP
You should drop your dancer off in the reception area of the studio no more than 15 minutes before the start of camp
Dancers should arrive each session already dressed in appropriate dancewear with a cover-up.
Students should be picked up promptly at the end time of the camp.
Students who need to be dropped off earlier or picked up later can make such arrangements in advance.